How to play PETTEIA
1. Stones are lined up on the first line (as shown on Fig. 1), and Black plays first.
2. Stones move orthogonally (horizontal or vertical, but not diagonal). They cannot skip over other stones.
3. A single stone is captured when it is surrounded on two orthogonal sides (Fig. 2a). A stone in the corner can be captured when two stones are placed across the corner.
4. Multiple stones can be captured when surrounded on two orthogonal sides.
5. A stone can be played inside two enemy stones without being captured.
6. The outside walls cannot be used to capture men (Fig. 2b).
7. First player to kill all his opponents stones wins, or…
8. A player can win by blocking up the enemy stones such that they cannot move (Fig. 2c).